Jimi Hendrix statue at Dimbola on the Isle of Wight to receive a makeover fit fo...
Posted on June 10, 2022
Before going any further...check out our Arrival Info page for important ticket and opening time information.
Every adventure starts with a journey, so together with our headline partners cinch we’ve pulled together some Top Tips to ensure you’ve got your travel #cinched for this year’s Isle of Wight Festival.
- Plan your journey in advance and if travelling by car follow the event signage as you near the site...don't listen to your Sat Nav!
- Unless you're already on the Island, check out the Red Funnel, Wightlink or Hover Travel websites for any last minute service changes.
- Travel light – the kitchen sink can stay at home, if you don’t need it/cant carry it – leave it!
- Don’t get lost! Use what3words to mark the location of your car & tent
- If you’ve not yet bought your car park pass or shuttle bus tickets, you can pay on the day
- Be sure to allow plenty of time to travel, don’t rush if driving – Better late than never!
- If camping, don’t forget to decant any drinks before your arrive (no glass allowed!)
There’s nothing that’ll down your festival mood quite like forgetting something important, so here’s our cinch presents the Isle of Wight Festival tips for festival packing!
- Don’t forget your digital ticket, bank card (we're cashless!) & valid photo ID!
- Pack essentials – Toilet roll, wet wipes, roll-on deodorant, toothpaste, antibacterial gel, sun cream (we're the sunniest place in the country!), torch, battery pack...a few cheeky drinks for the campsite...and of course wellies...we all know this keeps the rain away!
- Fill a pillowcase with clothes – it’s a ready-made pillow & one less thing to carry
- Refillable bottle – Stay hydrated and refill at the free water points across the site
- Get some wheels! It isn’t just cinch who sell wheels – a good camping trolley will help get from the entrance to your camping spot
- Pack your outfits in ziplock bags (it will keep them dry if that damp stuff does happen!)
- Don’t forget to pack your Tent, roll mat & sleeping bag!