Early Bird Tickets Are On Sale Now Fresh from an incredible weekend at cinch ...
Posted on June 15, 2022
The Met Office have issued a 'heat health' warning for the Isle of Wight this weekend. It’s going to be hot so please read this important information on how to stay safe!
There is a 90% chance of heatwave conditions between: 0000 Friday 17 June and 0000 Sunday 19 June in the South East of England.
Friday’s temperatures could reach up to 34. On Saturday the temperatures could still be as high as 32 Celsius.
The top ways for staying safe in the heat are:
- Make sure you bring plenty of water and stay hydrated
- Download the app to locate all water points for refilling (more being added)
- Make use of shaded areas on site to take breaks from the sun, especially between 11am and 3pm.
- Pack sun cream and apply regularly
- Wear a hat
- Wear light, loose fitting cotton clothes
- Avoid excess alcohol
Above all look out for others, especially older people, young children and babies and those with underlying health conditions.
Find out more about looking after yourself in hot weather on the Isle of Wight Council website.